Spending my middle and high school years in central Florida, and visiting the parks often, I have some vivid memories of places and attractions in the park. For some odd reason, I have great memories of the Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot. I miss it, but I think it could use some work. I am proposing an overhaul, including a new sponsor in Nike. With Disney’s somewhat recent focus on fitness and recreation, it seems odd that there is no place for this to be based. The Wide World of Sports is too off-the-beaten-path. This would be a home for all those marathon runners and athletes, a place where ESPN can have a year-round presence, and an advertising ground for health and wellness companies. WDW and Disneyland were founded on the idea of corporate sponsorships, and there is no reason why they shouldn’t rekindle that now.
Sponsors and attractions to include:
- A market for fresh foods by Whole Foods
- A germ fighting ride sponsored by The US Army & Clorox
- An ESPN broadcasting area and athlete autograph station
- Guiness Book of World Records exhibit
- Interactive “surgery” center sponsored by Atlus video games featuring touch screen operating tables with multiple surgeries to perform. (not for the squeamish!)
- Disney Sports and Running home base
- National Geographic presentation about human living all over the world, focusing on culture and extreme living conditions
I am not even into health and fitness, but I would love it.
I am also debuting a new feature with this post: The Dream Template. For each of my dreams, I will include a PDF download for your viewing pleasure. Hope you enjoy!